[Dspace-general] [Dspace-tech] why vanilla?

Dorothea Salo dsalo at library.wisc.edu
Thu Dec 13 12:37:43 EST 2007

> I get many requests from organizations evaluating DSpace wanting to
> know the level of effort to install right out of the box, without
> making any customizations.

Ah, I see. That makes sense.

> Given your experience,
> passion and know how it would be great if you could work with us in a
> positive fashion.

I may not be quite the right person, as when I was a DSpace newbie I
was running on a somewhat nontraditional setup (Mac OS X Server).
However, I'm happy to offer what I can. (On the other hand, it may
turn out useful to know that a librarian without sysadmin training can
learn to do this, so...) I can also pass on specific questions to the
person who does the real work on MINDS at UW.

Dorothea

Dorothea Salo                dsalo at library.wisc.edu
Digital Repository Librarian      AIM: mindsatuw
University of Wisconsin
Rm 218, Memorial Library
(608) 262-5493