[Dspace-general] Maximum file size for uploads? (Ingrid Mason)

Jennifer Vinopal vinopal at nyu.edu
Fri Aug 10 18:30:55 EDT 2007

Hi all,
We were having trouble uploading large files -- the browser wasn't
even acknowledging the attempt and there log in DSpace didn't
indicate that an upload had been attempted. So we did some testing,
using incrementally smaller files until we figured out at which point
upload worked. Upload was tested on both Mac (firefox and safari) and
PC (firefox and IE). Results were the same for al of them.
Here's what the student doing the testing said:

"I figured that 2GB is the limit of the file size we can upload (in MAC,
using firefox browser).
I tried 2.03GB, 2.19GB, and 3.1GB but failed - browser stopped on that
page , without spinning B&W ball [i.e. indication that the browser is
doing
something in response to upload attempt]. Clicking other buttons
after 20min led
me to the log in page.
I tried 1.79GB and 1.99GB. Both of them were uploaded successfully but
it took about 10 minutes to finish uploading. At least the B&W ball was
spinning indicating that the file is being uploaded."

Best,
Jennifer
Jennifer Vinopal / vinopal at nyu.edu
Librarian for Digital Scholarship Initiatives
Bobst Library, New York University
70 Washington Square South
New York, NY  10012
v: 212.998.2522