[Dspace-general] seeking sample records & suggestions for Portable Citations (Summer of Code)

Jodi Schneider jodi.a.schneider at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 23:51:37 EDT 2007

Hello!

I'm Jodi Schneider, one of the Google Summer of Code students. I'm writing
to ask for your input on my project on Portable Citations.

Do you have particular needs or requirements that Portable Citations should
meet?
I'd like to start by gathering samples of bibliographic records from
different sources, to get a concete idea of what *exactly* my code should
do. Would you be willing to share some sample records of the sort that you
would like to import?

More details about the project, and about me:

My project is called Portable Citations: moving citations between DSpace and
bibliographic
software managers. The goal is to be able to move metadata *into* and *out
of* DSpace. The product should serve both IR managers (importing metadata en
masse) and end-users (exporting metadata into a variety of programs). Stuart
Lewis is my primary mentor, and I'll also be working with Claudia Jurgen and
Christophe Dupriez.
A longer (but not really more meaty) description is found in my abstract:
http://code.google.com/soc/dspace/appinfo.html?csaid=844AC0C9BC5F6B47

About me: I'm a LEEP student at UIUC, about halfway through an LIS degree. I
work at Amherst College Science Library in Massachusetts, and have a
background in math and in liberal arts.

I look forward to receiving sample records, and other suggestions that you
have!

Best,

-Jodi Schneider
Portable citations for DSpace