[Dspace-general] Translation of DSpace-1.4.1 into Brazilian Portuguese

Halley Pacheco de Oliveira halleypo at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 09:51:38 EDT 2007

Hi Claudia,

In the header of the file
http://dspace.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/dspace/tags/language-pack-1_3_2/language-packs/pt/BR/Messages_pt_BR.properties?view=markup
appears Author: Seiti Yamashiro. I found his e-mail and I will ask him
about his intentions in continuing with this translations.

A technical detail: The Yamashiro's translation uses entities for
diacritical characters (ç = ç... ) and I use the java
native2ascii - Native-to-ASCII Converter Program (Converts a file with
native-encoded characters [characters which are non-Latin 1 and
non-Unicode] to one with Unicode-encoded characters.)
(http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/tooldocs/solaris/native2ascii.html)
So:
jsp.general.titles.button =Títulos
becomes:
jsp.general.titles.button =T\u00edtulos
and not:
jsp.general.titles.button =Títulos

It works fine and I always did this way for other softwares (Derby,...)

Will it be a problem if I send the file using native2ascii instead of entities?

Thanks,
Halley