[Dspace-general] Do we want to shut down this list?

MacKenzie Smith kenzie at MIT.EDU
Sun Nov 26 18:56:48 EST 2006

Hi Mark,

It's true that folks often mistake dspace-general for a technical
discussion list and
have to be re-routed, but the purpose of dspace-general hasn't changed,
nor is it
superceded by the other listsl. It was created to discuss "non-technical
aspects
of building and running a DSpace service" such as governance, policies,
marketing,
new features, relevant regulations or laws, and so on. MIT and other
institutions
rely on it as a forum for general announcements about the platform and
its uses.

FYI, dspace-general has 946 subscribers while dspace-tech has 818, and they
don't overlap that much. I think we need to keep dspace-general for now,
and
live with the fact that a lot of the traffic should have gone to
dspace-tech...
if it gets too annoying to the subscribers I'm sure they'll let us know :)

MacKenzie

--
MacKenzie Smith
MIT Libraries