[Dspace-general] Handle help sought!

Richard Davis r.davis at ulcc.ac.uk
Sat Nov 18 12:39:46 EST 2006

Dear all

I'm on the verge of a) starting to populate a Dspace repository, and b) registering a Handle service. Maybe http://handle.net/start.html and install.txt will seem clearer in retrospect, but right now they're not helping me much!

While I work through it, please could anyone out there answer these most pressing Handle-related questions:

* Can I really only pay my registration by post? Is there no online registration?

* If there is a delay, and I start uploading items before Handle registration, will there be any difficulties in setting up Handle IDs for these items later, once the Handle server is up and running?

Thanks in advance

Richard Davis
University of London