[Dspace-general] Video Metadata in DSpace

Mark Diggory mdiggory at MIT.EDU
Mon Jun 5 11:28:39 EDT 2006

Are you looking for mapping to QDC from an existing standard like
MPEG or METS? Or are you looking for the best way to preserve your
metadata? If its the later, I would look into capturing as much
metadata using a format specific standard like MPEG or the  METS AV
extension, and the mapping to QDC from there. IF its the former, what
standard are you already capturing your metadata in?

You might look at the METS schema extension being developed by LoC.
http://www.loc.gov/rr/mopic/avprot/metsmenu2.html

You might also look at MPEG
http://www.mpegif.org/

Good documentation on MPEG-7