[Dspace-general] how to do multi language in DSpace

Thierry Prieur thierry.prieur at sciences-po.fr
Tue Jul 18 06:37:36 EDT 2006

We try to add a multi-language function in our DSpace.

It seems that it's possible to have a real multi-language tool in DSpace, as
you can see on these following web sites:

- HYPERLINK "https://bora.uib.no/"https://bora.uib.no

- HYPERLINK
"https://eldorado2.uni-dortmund.de/dspacelang/"https://eldorado2.uni-dortmun
d.de/dspacelang/

When users switch the languages, we want these changes:

- Change the interface language (messages.properties file)

- Change in the input form language(inputforms.xml file)

- Change the email templates (folder config/emails/)

- Change some layout parts (footer, right sidebar, …)

- change the help language (optional)

If you have, it would be great to receive a fully procedure to install this
on our DSpace.

Thanks for your response!

Thierry Prieur
Project Manager