[Dspace-general] Handle setup -- how?

Andrew Nagy andrew.nagy at villanova.edu
Fri Feb 10 15:36:35 EST 2006

Hello, I need help setting up the handle system.

After I had DSpace setup and running, I followed the directions to
configure the handle system.  The documentation says that  you first
need to get the prefix by going to the handle website, but then they say
to run the handle setup included in dspace first.  So I ran the handle
configuration and emailed the sitebndl.zip file to them.  They then
returned with a prefix.  What do I do from here?  The documentation just
ends after emailing handle!

I configured the dspace.cfg file to use my prefix and ran the
install-configs script.  I also edited the config.dct file and specified
the prefix and then started the handle server.  What else needs to be
done, how can I test this.

Any help or direction would be mucho appreciated!
Andrew