[Dspace-general] dspace, digiTool, etd-db, and mylibrary

Eric Lease Morgan emorgan at nd.edu
Wed Feb 1 16:52:09 EST 2006

Here at Notre Dame we have created an initial DSpace, DigiTool, ETD-
db, and MyLibrary institutional repository:

   http://dewey.library.nd.edu/morgan/demo/

Our goal here at Notre Dame is to use the first three tools listed
above primarily as repositories. We will then harvest content from
these repositories (via OAI) and cache it to a MyLibrary database.
 From our cache we will then provide digital library services such as
search, browse, download, What's New?, syndicate via RSS, Google
PageRank, dynamically created bibliographies, etc. We are going this
route because each of the tools are more like applications with
particular looks & feels. If we cache our content centrally, then we
are able to work with it in a much more flexible manner.

Your comments regarding our initial implementation would be greatly
appreciated.

--
Eric Lease Morgan
Head, Digital Access and Information Architecture Department

(574) 631-8604