[Dspace-general] Handle links for DSpace

Scott, Rudolph Rudolph.Scott at iop.kcl.ac.uk
Wed Dec 20 06:15:34 EST 2006

When an administrator creates a new Community and collection and submits
a new Thesis to it, an e-mail of the submission is approved with the new
handle(ok so far). The problem is at the moment to get the handle to
show information, etc, I have to edit the input_forms.xml in
/dspace/config on our server. I can do this no problem but the library
administrator does not have any UNIX experience to so this.

Is the a way to make Dspace edit the input_forms.xml file automatically
when the thesis is submitted? I think this would be of great benefit to
non IT users who are administrators but don't want to edit files each
time a Thesis is submitted. I would appreciate some feedback on this.
Thanks.

Rudolph Scott
Desktop Support Analyst
Dept of Biostatistics and Computing