[Dspace-general] Item Mapping Authorization Problem

wroldfie wroldfie at library.uwaterloo.ca
Mon Dec 18 13:00:32 EST 2006

I have a requested to add the submitter's full name to the acknowledgement
email once an item has been accepted into the archive.  I have looked at the
submit_archive email form (See below) and the relevant portion of the
WorkflowManager.java (See below).  I know nothing about java programming.
Could someone show me the changes in these files required to add the
submitter's full name or any easier way to make this happen?

Thanking you in advance.

Bill

********* submit_archive***************

# Item Archived email message

#

# {0}  Title of submission

# {1}  Name of collection

# {2}  handle

#

Subject: UWSpace: Submission Approved and Archived

You submitted: {0}

To collection: {1}

Your submission has been accepted and archived in UWSpace,

and it has been assigned the following identifier:

{2}

Please use this identifier when citing your submission.

Many thanks!

UWSpace

*****************
WorkflowManager.java***************************************

// Get submitter

            EPerson ep = i.getSubmitter();

            Email email = ConfigurationManager.getEmail("submit_archive");

            email.addRecipient(ep.getEmail());

            email.addArgument(title);

            email.addArgument(coll.getMetadata("name"));

            email.addArgument(HandleManager.getCanonicalForm(handle));

            email.send();

William Oldfield

Networked Information Research Associate

University of Waterloo Library

519-888-4567 Ext 32461