[Dspace-general] Hello

Meenu Madan mmLO at hampshire.edu
Mon Aug 14 10:34:54 EDT 2006

Hello All,
I just subscribed to this alias. Hope to get good info from here.
I'm working at Hampshire college as a Web Programmer and we have set up
DSpace here to act as an archive for our final year student thesis.

Now one question I had was about authorization.
Is it necessary to make all communities public?
Secondly Can I have authorization levels based on community, like I want
to have an Admin access over community1 and give people1, people2 only
read access on this community1. And at later stages change there
authorization or add more people to read access.

Thanks in advance.
Meenu Madan
Hampshire College