[Dspace-general] Accessibilty issues in the UK

S Nieminen S.Nieminen at Bradford.ac.uk
Wed Apr 26 09:55:25 EDT 2006

Hello all UK higher education institutions,

We are getting ready to roll out our DSpace installation at the University
of Bradford. Apart from the many technical points we are still working on,
we are also considering a temporary solution to content provision to our
disabled users. Our pilot phase includes providing access to our Masters'
Dissertations which aren't at present 100% accessible. We are ready to offer
our disabled users an alternative format if required as a short term
solution. How have other institutions addressed the accessibility issue in
relation to student submitted works? Our long term plan is to have students
using specific Word(R) templates created by staff for their dissertations
and theses.

Satu

Ms Satu Nieminen
Electronic Resources Librarian