[Dspace-general] foreign key constraint

hong xu hgxu at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 25 21:46:53 EDT 2006

Hi, everyone:

Have you experienced this problem? I need a help! Thank you!

There are three collections in one community. I want to delete one and in
that collection there is not items, but I can not delete it. system said
"experience an ERROR". I looked the log file and it recorded as the
following:

ERROR: update or delete on "collection" violates foreign key constraint "$1"
on "collection2item"

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: update or delete on "collection"
violates foreign key constraint "$1" on "collection2item"

	at
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException.parseServerError(PSQLException.java:139)
	at org.postgresql.core.QueryExecutor.executeV3(QueryExecutor.java:152)
	at org.postgresql.core.QueryExecutor.execute(QueryExecutor.java:100)
	at org.postgresql.core.QueryExecutor.execute(QueryExecutor.java:43)
	at
org.postgresql.jdbc1.AbstractJdbc1Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc1Statement.java:517)
	at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:50)