[Dspace-general] Sourceforge Anonymous CVS access down.

Mark Diggory mdiggory at MIT.EDU
Mon Apr 24 11:33:24 EDT 2006

Hello DSpace Community,

This is just a "community service announcement", and many of you may
already know this. The DSpace codebase is hosted in a CVS tree on
Sourceforge, a host for many many Open Source projects. There has
been an ongoing Anonymous CVS access issue  at Sourceforge for ~ 2
weeks now. Anonymous CVS access is planned to be doffline for the
rest of the month as they make repairs to hardware and bring the
service back online without any loss of data integrity.

Until Anonymous CVS is back online, source distributions can be
downloaded va the Sourceforge download mirrors:

-Mark

> (  2006-04-14 11:18:04 - Project CVS Service )   As of 2006-04-14
> we have an estimate on when the replacement CVS hardware for the
> new infrastructure will arrive. As soon as we get in into our
> hands, we'll actively work on it, with a goal of having it online
> by the end of the month of April. This is a best guess, and may not
> get hit due to the aggressive timeline we have placed on this
> project. However, be assured that recovery of this service in full
> is our highest priority. The sync process between developer and
> anonymous CVS (ViewCVS, etc.) is disabled now until the new
> infrastructure is in place, to ensure we have maximum coverage for
> the small number of data corruption issues that have been detected.
> We understand this is sub-optimal, but strongly believe that the
> protection of the data is paramount.

Mark Robert Diggory
DSpace Systems Manager
Digital Library Research Group / Systems and Technology Services
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
web: http://www.mit.edu/people/mdiggory
email: mdiggory at mit.edu
office: (617)253-1096