[Dspace-general] Versions of items

Susan Wells Parham susan.parham at library.gatech.edu
Fri Sep 9 11:08:38 EDT 2005

Back in January, there was a discussion on the list concerning versions of
items held in DSpace.  We have documents which replace earlier documents,
but we do not wish to remove those original items.

We are using the relation.replaces and relation.isreplacedby qualifiers.
However, our current method of keeping and displaying different versions of
an item is rather clumsy, and may lead to confusion.  See:

http://smartech.gatech.edu:8282/dspace/handle/1853/3199//browse-title

We'd like users to first find the latest version, and only get to previous
versions via a URI citation or the relation.replaces field (also the URI).

I know this topic has been discussed previously -- has anyone implemented it?

Thanks!
Susan

Susan Wells Parham
Digital Initiatives Librarian
Georgia Tech Library & Information Center
Atlanta, Georgia 30332-0900
404-894-4522
susan.parham at library.gatech.edu