[Dspace-general] Possible User Group meeting in Bergen

Richard Jones richard.jones at ub.uib.no
Thu Sep 1 07:04:43 EDT 2005

Hi All,

At the University of Bergen we are investigating the possibility of
having a small DSpace User Group meeting in the early parts of next
year.  This would probably be attached to an IR workshop with a focus on
DSpace as the platform for providing such a service.

We are aware that there will be part of a more general meeting in
Australia dedicated to DSpace in February and the main DSUG sometime in
the Autumn in Beijing.  Therefore we were suggesting that we place a
meeting somewhere in between these two for a few reasons:

1) For people who may not have been able to go to Australia
2) For people who may not be able to go to Beijing
3) For people who just can't get enough of DSpace!

Basically we are interested to see if there would be general support for
a meeting here, whether people would like to come, and whether this
would clash with anyone else's plans.

It has also been suggested that we focus the meeting on a smaller number
of topics than the main DSUG, so we are interested in what areas of the
system people might like to hear more about, or study in greater depth?

Your thoughts and comments welcome and encouraged.

Best Wishes,

--
Richard
-------