[Dspace-general] Multiple instances of DSpace?

Cody Green cody at codygreen.com
Thu Nov 17 10:21:28 EST 2005

Bryce,

The only way I know to pull this off is to run a new instance of Tomcat for
each dspace you need. If you using modjk with Apache to talk to Tomcat then
you can just assign each instance of modjk to a new port. You then can use
one URL and just map each instance like so:
my.dspace.edu/dspace1 <http://my.dspace.edu/dspace1>
my.dspace.edu/dspace2 <http://my.dspace.edu/dspace2>

If you are just using Tomcat you can simple bind each instance to a new port
like so:

my.dspace.edu:8080 <http://my.dspace.edu:8080> (dspace1)
my.dspace.edu:8081 <http://my.dspace.edu:8081> (dspace2)

If you would like more information on how to do this please let me know and
I can send you some documentation.

Cody