[Dspace-general] Multiple instances of DSpace?

bryce benton brycebenton at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 15:37:54 EST 2005

I'm attempting to install multiple instances of DSpace on the same
machine. I've followed the instructions for setting up dspace, but
I've used the user dspace2, dspace3 and created databases named
similarly.

Everything works fine in the build process, but when I visit the URL,
I see that the new DSpace instance is reading from the original DSpace
database.

Additionally, it seems that the new DSpace instances are getting their
configuration data from the original dspace.cfg file. Doing
/dspace/bin/install-configs updates all 3 installations, whereas
/dspace2/bin/install-configs has no effect.

Is it possible to run more than one instance of DSpace on the same
machine? If so, how do I connect the new installations to the proper
databases and configuration files? It seems there's a crucial step
that I'm missing.

Thanks,
Bryce