[Dspace-general] Re: Suggestions for recording physical size?

Scott Yeadon scott.yeadon at anu.edu.au
Mon Mar 14 04:26:45 EST 2005

Hi Suzanne,

We still use format.extent even though it's used as well for the digital file size. You could always make a new format.??? metadata item if you really need to.

We're also looking at supporting EXIF metadata fields (e.g. exif.verticalresolution, exif.horizontalresolution) so that we can populate technical metadata fields direct from the image metadata.

The thing to remember with DSpace is that the metadata is not stored in Dublin Core markup, it's just a database table, so you can create your own metadata fields if you need to, with the caveat that you may need to create your own Crosswalk to expose non-DC metadata.

Scott.