[Dspace-general] Suggestions for recording physical size?

Suzanne Bell sbell at library.rochester.edu
Fri Mar 11 11:34:12 EST 2005

Hi all -

 Here's an interesting one: our History of Medicine Librarian wants to
scan and load to DSpace a collection of Patent Medicine Tradecards (like
baseball cards for patent medicines?! I guess-). An excellent cataloger,
he's wondering which, if any, of the Dublin Core fields on offer in
DSpace should be used for recording the dimensions of the physical
originals.
 We were pondering "format.extent", but this seems to be system
supplied information, and refer to the digital size (bytes).

 Any thoughts, suggestions?
 many thanks!
 cheers,
 Suzanne