[Dspace-general] DSpace SIG listservs to be decommissionsed

MacKenzie Smith kenzie at MIT.EDU
Sat Jul 23 11:41:15 EDT 2005

********** Apologies for cross posting *****************************

To the DSpace community:

At the recent DSpace user group meeting in Cambridge, UK we decided that
the following special interest group mailing lists should be decommissioned
due to lack of traffic

dspace-datasets
dspace-ERM
dspace-IR
dspace-LOR
dspace-preservation
dspace-publishing
dspace-theses

questions and discussions about non-technical aspects of DSpace (e.g.
services, policies, legal issues, features and functions, etc.).
The dspace-tech and dspace-devel mailing lists on SourceForge will continue
to be the place for technical questions and discussions about DSpace, and
the wiki is the source of documentation about the system. We also agreed to
host new mailing lists for specific topics when the need arises, for a
defined amount of time.

I hope this will reduce the confusion and complexity about where to ask
various types of questions about DSpace. If I don't hear any objects from
anyone, these SIG lists will be discontinued by the end of next week.

Thanks for all your input,

MacKenzie

MacKenzie Smith
Associate Director for Technology