[Dspace-general] Initial Wiki page for user group meeting outcomes

Tansley, Robert robert.tansley at hp.com
Wed Jul 13 13:50:32 EDT 2005

Hi all,

It was great to be able to meet many of you and finally be able to put
faces to names at the DSpace user group meeting in Cambridge last week.
I think the meeting was a huge success -- we had some fantastic
discussions and presentations, demonstrating the energy and diversity of
our community and highlighting the progress we've made in the transition
to a real open source project in the last year.

To try to capture some of the valuable discussions at the meeting, both
for future reference and for those who were unable to attend, I've
started up a page on the Wiki to document the event:

http://wiki.dspace.org/UserGroupMeetingSummary2005

I've 'seeded' the page with some of my notes, but the intention is very
much for this to become a general record of the event, rather than my
own personal perspective.  So please, dive in and add omissions, correct
any errors, and add your own perspectives!

The Wiki is very easy to sign up for and use, and has become an
invaluable tool for the DSpace community.

Thank you to everyone who took the time, effort and expense to attend
the DSpace event -- I hope it was as useful and enjoyable for you as it
was for me!

 Robert TANSLEY / Digital Media Systems Programme / HP Labs
  http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Robert_Tansley/