[Dspace-general] Import items - Replace option

MacKenzie Smith kenzie at MIT.EDU
Fri Jan 14 11:07:12 EST 2005

When you add a new item it gets a new Handle (i.e. persistent identifier).
When you replace an item the metadata and/or bitstreams are updated but the
Handle
remains the same as before, so citations to that item continue to resolve.
When you remove an item the Handle continues to resolve to a tombstone for
the item
so people can see that it used to exist but is out of circulation.

MacKenzie