[Dspace-general] backgrounds of IR groups

Martin Courtois courtois at ksu.edu
Fri Jan 7 10:30:24 EST 2005

Hi Carol,

Good question!  Here's some basic info on our fledging operation:

Quoting Carol Hixson <chixson at darkwing.uoregon.edu>:

snip

> 1) How many people at your institution are involved
> with the planning and implementation of your
> institutional repository? (with or without FTE)

9 people are directly involved with planning and implementation.  About
12 others are involved in other capacities (tech consultants, task
force members, administrators, etc.)

In terms of FTE, here's a rough breakdown:

quasi-project manager: .75 FTE
Grad School rep:       .50
SysAdmin               .05
Developer              .10
Librarians             .10
Others                 too small to estimate

> 2) What is the background of the people involved?

Manager: reference libraian, webmaster
Grad School rep: administrator
SysAdmin and Developer: computer science, IT
Librarians: cataloging
Others: administrators, IT, computer science, librarianship

> 2a) From within the library, what departments/units are
>   represented? (reference, collection development,
> systems, cataloging, special collections, documents,
> administration, etc.)

administration, cataloging, IT, reference, special collections/archives

> 2b) From outside the library, what departments/units are
> represented? (campus computing, academic departments,
> campus administration, etc.)

computing, Graduate School

Marty

Martin Courtois
Instructional Technology Assistance Center
509 Hale Library
Kansas State University
Manhattan KS 66506
courtois at ksu.edu