[Dspace-general] Re: [Dspace-devel] Uploading of data which is not MIME Compatible?

MacKenzie Smith kenzie at MIT.EDU
Mon Feb 14 18:43:42 EST 2005

Hi Dhaval,

I'm not sure where you looked that up, since the DSpace internal file
format registry ships with
all formats listed as "unsupported" and you're supposed to decide for
yourself which ones your
organization chooses to "support" (meaning provide long-term preservation
for access).
If tar or gz are missing and you want them, just add them.

MacKenzie

At 04:24 PM 2/14/2005 -0500, Dalal, Dhaval wrote:

>Hi All!!
>I have some files which have been compressed and stored as *.tar.gz
>I looked up at the MIME supported formats and found out that *.tar.gz is not
>supported.
>Is it possible to upload some files in DSpace which are not MIME supported.
>Let me know.
>Thanks
>Dhaval

MacKenzie Smith