[Dspace-general] DC-Education Working Group draft AP

Louise Ratliff lratliff at library.ucla.edu
Fri Feb 4 13:01:46 EST 2005

Hi,

I want to bring to your attention some work being done by the
DC-Education Working Group on a formal application profile for
education metadata.  In a message to the DC-Education list, Stuart
Sutton includes this information:

"As a result of these developments and a consensus of the WG
participants at the face-to-face meeting in Shanghai, the work on a
DC-Education AP has begun.  The first task task is the appointment of a
volunteer Drafting Committee that will prepare drafts of the AP for
general discussion by the WG.  On the wiki, we have put up the basic
template that we will be using for this development work.  Volunteers
and recommendations of others to serve as members of  the Drafting
Committee are welcome.  Periodically, over the course of the next six
months, the Committee will submit drafts to this list for discussion.
There will be a full session on the AP when the WG meets for DC-2005 in
Madrid."

The address for the wiki is:
 http://dublincore.org/educationwiki

I hope that we will be able to base our Dspace metadata for our UCLA
learning objects on this evolving AP.

--Louise