[Dspace-general] DSpace and image Content Delivery Query

Don Gourley gourley at wrlc.org
Fri Apr 15 17:38:51 EDT 2005

On Fri, April 15, 2005 1:44 pm, Carl Jones said:
> On a side-note, is anyone thinking about using it as a back-end
> repository for the Greenstone digital library software
> (www.greenstone.org) which now has Dspace import/export functionality?

Hi Carl,

I am thinking about doing something like that.  But we have never
stored the actual content (eg. image files) in Greenstone.  We have
a custom plugin we use to import the metadata into Greenstone,
including links to the content files.  I haven't looked at the new
DSpace plugin but I was presuming it would be easier to adapt our
existing plugin and use handle-based bitstream URIs for the content
links.  This way the content is managed in DSpace and Greenstone is
a delivery mechanism...and not the only one as it is now.

I would be interested in any experience others have had with DSpace
feeding into Greenstone.

-Don