[Dspace-general] Repository software

Maria Vagianos mvagianoslib at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 14:29:28 EDT 2005

At our library,  we are trying to find a software that can be used as
one centralized digital database to index and access files on different drives,
our new digitized collection, our audiovisual collection,
and information rich sources (such as url links) contained in
email. Pretty much anything we can throw at it!  Having a tough time
finding a good repository software to use.

Right now, we are using ISYS, MSAccess, and other methods by which to
access this information.  I researched Swish-e, for example, but it is
much less comprehensive than ISYS.  Any suggestions?

Also, as a novice, I'm unclear under what category in digital
preservation we are. It's all very confusing to me. :-)   If you need
further information, let me know.  Thanks for your help!