[Dspace-general] Internal System Error in DSPACE

Raúl Ravanal rravanal at utalca.cl
Thu Sep 9 03:37:43 EDT 2004

Dear Margret:

We have installed DSPACE  version 1.1.1 in a server at  "Universidad de Talca" (Chile) in July 2004. Its is a very great software product and we are very grateful with MIT libraries to let it free for other libraries. Now our principal problem is  to pass the situation mentioned in the email reference -"Internal System Error"-. Commonly we have no problem in incorporating data within to DSPACE but suddenly occurs the mentioned problem (after approving  the item license stage, this error stop definitely  the item´s input that it is digitizing and the input of following items.

Specifically what is the  cause of this problem?  What procedure can we do when it occurs? Our system administrator revised the log (the last transaction had any trouble and it was not complete) but he has problem to detect where he must correct to unblock the system.

The other problem is to search in spanish by author or title options, the same situation occurs when we want to use the side left menu of the screen because the software  doesnt recognize  the "ñ" and accent "´"   and someone author name that contains this symboil cannot  be shown.

Thanks you very much.

Best regard,

Raul Ravanal D                   Fono (56-71) 201  517
Director de Biblioteca           Fax  (56-71) 200  499
Universidad de Talca           2 Norte 685, Talca