[Dspace-general] problems creating the administrator user

Matthew Ballard mballard at otis.edu
Thu Sep 9 12:19:15 EDT 2004

I encountered a similar (if not the same) problem on RHEL 3.

Check which version of java your system is trying to use in the path, the
script that [dspace]\bin\dsrun (which create-administrator calls) uses the
version it finds in the path (it ignores JAVA_HOME)

The two solutions that I know of is to modify the path for your system so
that no other versions of java exist in it, or to modify the
[dspace]\bin\dsrun script to reference the correct version of java.  AFAIK,
this only effects this one particular script (and not the normal operations
of dspace or tomcat).

Matthew Ballard
Otis College of Art and Design Library
mballard at otis.edu