[Dspace-general] dspace and query by humming system

MacKenzie Smith kenzie at MIT.EDU
Sat Oct 30 22:29:31 EDT 2004

Hi Pawel,

It is possible to add new search methods to DSpace, either directly in the
code or by
adding external services (e.g. Web Services) that translate the searches
into Lucene
queries internally. But it takes a lot of programming to do this today. The
UI is a little
bit easier to customize since it uses JSPs, but I don't know how possible
it is to do
the audio capture via JSP-generated HTML...

Whether DSpace would be a good platform to build an audio archive with audio
search capability is another question -- it's designed to be a pretty
general purpose
digital archive -- but you're welcome to try.

If you do go ahead with your project using DSpace you should address any
technical
questions to the dspace-tech mailing list, which you'll find on SourceForge.

Best wishes,

MacKenzie