[Dspace-general] Handle 'Prefix' or Local Server?

Matthew Ballard mballard at otis.edu
Tue Oct 26 13:20:56 EDT 2004

I didn't find that clear myself.  DSpace has a handle server built in, that
automatically handles passing the appropriate information for DSpace.  You
generate the initial file to send to CNRI (I believe the address to send it
to is included in the instructions), and if there's any exceptions (like an
internal vs. external IP difference), email that to them too, then they
will create and send a handle back to you, that you then set in the DSpace
configuration.  As long as the handle server that is included is running,
it should automatically handle all documents in DSpace.

Matthew Ballard
Otis College of Art and Design Library
mballard at otis.edu