[Dspace-general] browsing by author

Ann Lally alally at u.washington.edu
Wed Oct 20 17:54:45 EDT 2004

Has anyone addressed the issue of sorting the browse function by author?
Some clarification: all authors are considered equal in DSpace, so if you
have multiple authors from different institutions there is no distinction
between those of the community and "others", in the browse list.  We have a
community that would very much like to see UW authors listed first or
highlighted or somehow distinguished.  I'm curious to know if this issue has
come up other places and how it was addressed.

Ann Lally
Head, Digital Initiatives
University of Washington Libraries
Box 352900