[Dspace-general] Registering publication without associated items.

MacKenzie Smith kenzie at MIT.EDU
Sun Nov 28 14:36:18 EST 2004

Hi Thomas,

There is a kludgy way to do this manually (you upload a file as required by
the submssion process and
then delete it again before the last step) or you can do it with the batch
loader, but it would be good to
consider carefully why you want to do this and if there's a better way...

If your goal is just to keep some items from being accessible by the public
then you can go ahead and
deposit them and just set the access permissions for them accordingly --
you don't have to keep them
out of the system entirely! That way your collection can stay intact in one
place, which will be better
for their long-term management and preservation.

Best wishes,

MacKenzie