[Dspace-general] Policies for workflow steps

Laura Tull tull.9 at osu.edu
Wed Nov 10 12:30:06 EST 2004

Finally we are in production at: http://kb.osu.edu with our Knowledge Bank.
By production I mean that we moved to the Linux mainframe, have installed
our customizations and our now working with some exciting units on campus.

However, I started getting reports from people who have workflow step 2
assigned to their collections that they are getting the "Authorization
required" message whenever they try to View/Open the file or Approve it. We
are still on v. 1.1.1 on the production server.  I also tested on our
development server, which has 1.2, and same problem.

To work around the problem, I manually added authorizations for
COLLECTION_XX_WFSTEP_2 for READ, WRITE and ADD. I have never had to do that
before. (Don't know if this is associated with move to Linux mainframe or not).

Our programmer is investigating further but for now I just wanted to verify
that I wasn't dreaming and that when I created the workflow step, the
system automatically gave permissions to the epeople in that group to do
what they had to do.

Laura Tull
Systems Librarian
Ohio State University Libraries