[Dspace-general] Submit A ToolBook Tutorial?

courtois@ksu.edu courtois at ksu.edu
Fri Nov 5 13:56:27 EST 2004

One of the grad students in our pilot project wants to submit a tutorial
created with ToolBook along with her dissertation.  The tutorial is on
a CD and consists of about 200 files of different formats: avi, wav,
exe, tbk, dll, etc.

Is there a way to submit this to DSpace without submitting each file
individually, e.g., could we copy files to a directory?  If we can get
all the files into DSpace, would a user be able to run the tutorial,
i.e., start the application, from within DSpace?  Niether of these
options seem like realistic alternatives, but please let me know if I'm
missing something.

I'm thinking our best bet might be to submit a text document that has
instructions on how to obtain a copy of the CD via mail or download.

Thanks for your help,

Marty

Martin Courtois
Instructional Technology Assistance Center
Kansas State University'
Manhattan KS 66506
courtois at ksu.edu
785-537-2049