[Dspace-general] DSpace search engine (HELP)

charlselo charlselo at intelnett.com
Tue Mar 30 13:29:25 EST 2004

This year we start an enterprising project using DSpace.  We want to make a
library that is going to be use by all the students of our University.  We
are making some source development using DSpace and other tools, but maybe
this is not exactly an idea or comment, is a question.  I'm now working with
the DSpace search engine ( Lucene wrapper ).  But my question is , Does
DSpace only search through the metadata ? Can I search through the documents
( inside the documents [files] ) extending some DSpace search engine
preferences ?  How ?.  I'm using now the complete Lucene tool to do so, but
I have to make a new index (indexing the files) , but I want to use the
index that is already in DSpace. Is there a DSpace version that has this
functionality, to search inside the files ? Well , I'm going to appreciate a
little help here. So thanks !
Please mail me to this address: charlselo at intelnett.com

 intelNet WebMail