[Dspace-general] Workflow question

Margret Branschofsky margretb at MIT.EDU
Tue Mar 2 17:40:21 EST 2004

Hi Laura,

Workflow step 2 does all those things.  That's the role that most of our
collections have chosen.

But I agree that it would be nice to have more flexibility in the workflow
roles, and being able to have them come in different orders.

Did you ever get an answer to your last question?  I seem to remember
forwarding it to someone, but my memory is a bit hazy.

Are you going to attend the DSpace User meeting?

Margret

At 04:31 PM 3/2/2004 -0500, Laura Tull wrote:
>I have a collection set up, where a student submits the item and there is
>one workflow for her supervisor to review the item and commit to archive.
>
>The supervisor is the only person involved in the workflow process.  She
>needs to be able to do all 3 workflows: accept/reject items, edit the
>metadata and commit to archive.
>
>If I assign workflow 3 to her, she can only edit the metadata and commit
>to archive.   I hate to force her to go through 2 workflows so that she
>has the ability to accept/reject an item.
>
>Is there something I'm not seeing or am I asking for a feature request for
>cases where one person is the only reviewer and needs to do all 3 steps in
>one workflow.
>

>***********************************
>Laura Tull
>Systems Librarian