[Dspace-general] DSpace data model

MacKenzie Smith kenzie at MIT.EDU
Tue Jun 22 11:34:20 EDT 2004

Hi Michel,

"Bundles" are groups of bitstreams (i.e. digital files) that are closely
related to form a complex digital object.
For example, if you scanned a 10 page document and created 10 TIFF images,
then those 10 images should be in a bundle together since they're not
meaningful as separate objects.
But if you also had a PDF file that was created from those 10 TIFF images
then that could be in a separate bundle since it can stand alone. And if
you also had a related dataset that
accompanied the document then it could also go in a separate bundle, since
again it doesn't depend on either version of the document. But all three
bundles belong to that one
"item", which is the logical work being archived.

I hope that helps!

MacKenzie