[Dspace-general] latence between two servlet call, AuthorizeException ...

JULIEN ACROUTE-DIT-VAMPOUILLE Acroute-Dit-Vampouil at etudiant.univ-lille1.fr
Wed Jul 28 13:00:47 EDT 2004

Hello,

I'm currently working for two project that use DSpace in France.

I have one minute of latence, the client wait for one minutes between
two call of servlet.
When a bitstream is not public and an anonymous client try to access
it, a AuthorizeException is throw by RetrieveServlet which is catch by
DSpaceServlet then call the
SimpleAuthenticator.startAuthentification() and finally place a
redirect to the password servlet (response.sendRedirect...) then the
call to the DSpaceServlet ends. And here I have one minute of wait
before the processRequest() method of the DSpaceServlet begin for the
call of the password servlet.

This problem come with IE and mozilla, but not with wget or lynx.

I have tried to remove the target=_blank is the link of the bitstream
with no effect.
I have tried to close the context before ended the first servlet call
but with no effect.

I would be happy if someone can help me !

Thanks.