[Dspace-general] collaborative research

Richard Jones r.d.jones at ed.ac.uk
Tue Feb 24 03:52:05 EST 2004

collaborative researchHi Michael,

We are using DSpace to provide an ETD service.  The collaborative side of this work is relatively basic but we have written some code to allow for supervision of submissions by a group of advisors/supervisors and have worked out a workflow which suits the Edinburgh (and hopefully therefore the UK's) theses submission process.  It would be a small conceptual (as opposed to coding) step to alter the code we have written to be for collaborative as opposed to supervised authoring of documents.  A new version of our software will be out very shortly, so you could have a look at that if it interests you.  In the mean time, you can have a read about what we've been up to at: http://www.thesesalive.ac.uk/

Cheers

Richard
Richard Jones
Systems Developer