[Dspace-general] "Thesis advisor" metadata

Susan Wells Parham susan.parham at library.gatech.edu
Mon Dec 20 16:12:52 EST 2004

I'd like to awaken this topic from this past summer.   We are in the
beginning stages of batch loading our ETDs, having developed our crosswalk
and also creating two new elements.  I would like to hear how others out
there are doing this. As in the message quoted below, our users wanted to
search by advisor and department, so we created similar fields of
thesis.department and thesis.advisor.  We will change the search index to
include a field of thesis -- here end users will be able to search
department & advisor.