[Dspace-general] Any limits to number of collections per community?

Laura Tull tull.9 at osu.edu
Mon Dec 6 10:26:26 EST 2004

Is there a limit to the number of collections per community?

Is there a limit to the number of characters in the introduction section of
the collection home page?

I'm experimenting with putting a journal into DSpace using name of the
journal as community and volume and issue for each collection. I'm using
the introduction area on the collection home page to mimic the look of
OhioLINK's Electronic Journal Center:
https://linux02.it.ohio-state.edu/dspace/handle/1811/189 (this is on our
development server). We have metadata that we plan to map to Dublin Core
and then hopefully map some fields to HTML to obtain the OhioLINK EJC look.

Knowing the limits will help me decide if we can actually have one issue
per collection or if I need to go to one volume per collection. This
journal has over 400 issues.

Laura Tull
Systems Librarian
Ohio State University Libraries