[Dspace-general] DSpace work-in-progress at the Univ. of Rochester

Susan Gibbons SGibbons at library.rochester.edu
Wed Aug 4 11:07:01 EDT 2004

Based on the findings of a year-long study funded by a 2004 Institute of
Museum and Library Service, National Leadership grant, the University of
Rochester is building two new pages for its DSpace implementation: a
Researcher Page and Research Tools. The Researcher Page is a showcase
for a faculty member's DSpace content with links to non-DSpace items,
such as additional writings. Research Tools is the page the faculty
member uses to launch and edit the Researcher Page. It also allows the
faculty member to search DSpace and other repositories and databases, as
well as our library catalog. Our vision is to build a system that
manages working documents as well as allowing for self-archiving and
self-publishing; these pages are our first step in that direction.
Information from a research project along with more information about
what we want to do is available
athttp://docushare.lib.rochester.edu/docushare/dsweb/Get/Document-13766/IMLSGrantFAQs.html.
Our lead Java programmer for this project is Nathan Sarr.

If anyone wants to work with us on this, please get in touch off-list.

Susan Gibbons
Assistant Dean for Public Services
& Collection Development
River Campus Libraries