[Dspace-general] Migrating materials from current to new release of DSpace

Suzanne Bell sbell at library.rochester.edu
Wed Apr 28 12:00:47 EDT 2004

Hello all -
 This is a question that seems to have a foot in both the DSpace-Tech
and -general camps: I think it's the tech folks who *can* answer it, but
us "general" folks who are most interested in what that answer *is*...
so I decided to post here first. Um, sorry if I've goofed up.

 The situation: the new release of DSpace will support sub-collections.
I have a group that wants to archive the back issues of their online
journal in DSpace. I think the sub-collection structure will be ideal
for this... but it may take us a while to get the new release installed
and debugged and so forth. I hate to have my potential community's ardor
cool. If we deposit their material within the constraints of the
existing DSpace structure...

--> will it be possible to migrate this material, and *re-organize it*
using the new sub-collections structure possible in the new release?

Or should we chill out and just wait?

 Thanks very much for your help!
 Suzanne

Suzanne Bell, Economics/Data Librarian