[Dspace-general] faculty buy-in

Gherman, Paul M paul.gherman at vanderbilt.edu
Mon Apr 5 14:31:46 EDT 2004

Vandy has established a DSpace Policy Board of representatives from
each college, in an attempt to engage some opinion leaders on
campus in defining how DSpace will be organized and run. So far it
seems to be working. The turn-out for the meetings is good and our
discussion are lively. I hope this will mean that once we open
DSpace up for submissions, the faculty will respond.

Paul

--On Friday, April 02, 2004 2:28 PM -0500 Jody DeRidder
<deridder at email.lib.utk.edu> wrote:

> Have any of you folks had difficulty getting faculty to buy into
> the concept of storing their research in DSpace?
>   If so, I'm wondering what has and has not worked for you, in
> getting this kind of grassroots support, interest, and
> involvement at your institution.
>
>   --jody
>
> --
>   Jody DeRidder