[Dspace-general] Improvements to Administrator's User Interface

Laura Tull tull.9 at osu.edu
Fri Oct 3 11:47:00 EDT 2003

Margret,

I'd like to see the ability to search for an item by title or author as
well as handle.  I never know the handle when I go into the Admin mode and
then I have to go back and search for the item to find it.

Can I assume there will be a help page for the Admin interface similar to
the user's interface that will explain how to create and delete community,
collection and set policies for them, etc.  It seems that I ran into some
issues with the order in which you had to do things.

At 03:10 PM 9/30/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>One of the new features we are adding to the next version of DSpace is an
>improved Administrator's User Interface.  I am going to be writing up the
>feature definition for this, so please send me suggestions for improving
>the admin. interface, your pet peeves, functions you would like to
>add...etc.  This is your chance to have an impact on the tools you use.
>
>Margret
>
>Margret Branschofsky
>DSpace User Support Manager
>Digital Library Research Group