[Dspace-general] Experiences with policy making, quotas?

Katherine McNeill-Harman mcneillh at MIT.EDU
Mon Dec 15 11:10:33 EST 2003

Suzanne,

Hi there and good to hear from you  Others from MIT can weigh in with more
details, but here's a starting answer for us.

Regarding the first question, we've worked with our communities to set
their own policies in these areas, so that they can determine a workflow
that works best in their department.  From my understanding, communities
therefore have set up a variety of arrangements, giving different levels of
permission for submission and involving different kinds of personnel.  This
flexibility is illustrated in our community start-up procedures
http://libraries.mit.edu/dspace-mit/mit/policies/startup.html.

Regarding storage quotas, we do have some, based on the size of the
community, but I'm not sure where they're written.  Communities might have
the option to pay a fee for more storage space, however.

Good luck,
Kate McNeill-Harman